2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 15, 2011 6:57 AM by Jeff Hamilton

2011 improvement in drawngs

Jeff Hamilton

I thought that SW 2011 was supposed to show inprovement in performance and be fore friendly to drawings. With what I've seen so far, it's probably worse. Certainly no faster. I've actually seen nothing that is more useful on a day to day basis. In some cases it actually takes longer to do what I was doing before.

Have I missed something??

• Re: 2011 improvement in drawngs
          Bonnie Caruthers

Jeff,

I have only been using SW since late August (ProE for 15 years others before that) and started with sw2011 around 1st of the year.  I have to agree with you especially on things taking longer.    I found SW to be SO much easier than proe - at least at first.  But since 2011 I find many little problems that are costing me time (thus money - private contractor) as well as bigger things.  Settings changing, view geometry not redrawing, dimensions jumping around, arrows flipping just because I move a dim...?  All this little stuff adds up to time and money.  Granted I have a learning curve (no training, strictly teaching myself) but I have been detailing drawings for over 20 years and know what I need/want to do and want a neat, readable, uncluttered, thorough drawing. Sometimes I don't know what I will find when I open it the next morning!  

• Re: 2011 improvement in drawngs
              Jeff Hamilton

Those type of things are exactally what we were seeing. Dimensions moving around. Datums being hard to place. Inserting model items was one thing that worked well before. Now it's become a major pain. Not knowing what you'll find when you open your drawing is exactally one of the big complaints that ousted ProE from our company in the first place. I'd love to be able to stick up for Solidworks, but it seems to be more difficult to do every year.