3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 15, 2011 6:30 AM by Deepak Gupta

Custom Properties change dialog

Brian Putnam

We recently upgraded from 2010 to 2011 sp 2.0.  We use the Custom Properties tab to enter information about our parts, such as description, finish, etc.  It used to be you could open up the tab, enter the information, and then exit the tab by clicking anywhere in the workspace.  Now if you do that, it will discard any changes that were made.  You must hit "APPLY" for changes to stick.  Also, after making changes, a dialog pops up stating: "Changes have been made in the custom property taskpane. Do you want to save?"

Are there settings to get these back to 2010 behavior?

Thanks,

Brian

• Re: Custom Properties change dialog
          Jerry Steiger

Brian,

Not yet, but  I'm pretty sure that SW has heard people's frustration. If you search you will find a number of threads expressing the same feelings as yours.

Jerry Steiger

Scott McFadden

Brian,

Like Jerry said Solidworks heard the frustration.  Jerry and I were at a

round table discussion at Solidworks World and this was a topic that got brought up.

Someone from Solidworks asked the question on what interfaces do you

not like or find annoying.  This was one of them.  It also got brought up that

Solidworks was in the process of making the tab builder work both ways.

Hitting the "Apply" button as well as off of the tab.  Obviously not there yet.

I personally am still with 2010 and this is one enhacement (which was asked for by users

according to Solidworks) that doesn't make sense to me.  I like it just the way it

is in 2010.

Deepak Gupta

Just to add that it still behaves the same in SW2011 SP 3.0 EV i.e. you must hit "APPLY" for changes to stick.