10 Replies Latest reply on Mar 10, 2011 12:45 PM by Scott McFadden

Light weight in drw's

Daniel Melendez

This is why I never use ligthweight in drw's.

• Re: Light weight in drw's
          Oleg Bezyaev

Rebuild the drawning

Ctrl+Q

Scott McFadden

Daniel,

Are you talking about bringing in a light weight model into a drawing?

I have done that  with no issues.

Are you running 2011?  Did this just start happening or has

this been an on going issue?

Daniel Melendez

Hi Scott no. This is a drawing I packed-n-go'ed from 2010 then opened in 2011 sp2. It came up in lightweight when I opened it. I usually avoid lightweight because of the problems I've experience in previous versions. The assembly lightweight mode has improved but the problems with drw's have been intermitten between service packs and upgrades I just don't need the aggrevation of the lightwieght problem with drawings.

I've seen this type of problem as mentioned before between service pack updates and full blown upgrades. But I've also seen them whenever an update or upgrade doesn't take well. I'm not sure which one this is. I would really hate to do a clean install. Thanks, Daniel

Scott McFadden

Daniel,

Ok, forgive my ignorance, but since these are coming in lightweight.  Are

you saying you are unable to RC on any portion of the drawing and resolve it?

The pack and go should have nothing to do with whether the drawing is lightweight or not.

If it started lightweight it will end up as such.

So I get you hate the issues with lightweight.  Are you just saying you want to work in

lightweight so Solidworks there is a problem here?

Daniel Melendez

Hi Scott no problem. No I wasn't thinking the pack-n-go has anything to do with the lightweight issue. I was just giving you a history of the drw. Actually the original 2010 drw wasn't in lightweight ever as I mentioned I never work in lightweight in drw's but whenever I pulled it up in 2011 it came up in lightweight without me noticing. Then while I was working in the drw it began having this issue. After rebuild and ctl-Q didn't work I immediately new it had either toggled into draft quality mode or lightweight. Sure enough it was the ligthweight.

Yes I would love for SolidWorks to admit this as a problem but they have yet to do so and have reluctantly done so in the past as well. They taut that ligthweight is the way to go but cleary it isn't until this issue is fixed. As mentioned also I'm having problems with configurations in the assembly mode which is a whole other issue but yet one they wish to not see.

Thanks, Daniel