3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 10, 2011 10:22 AM by Paul Marsman

property tab bulider path location

Rob Jensen

I have 2 office locations (one in MN and one in MI) that i install SolidWorks at.  I currently create the image and then copy the entire image to the MI server.  Works well, until I started using the property tab builder for or file properties.

I have a excel spreadsheet that has all our data in it for the property tab.  It's located in MN.  When I load SolidWorks in MI, it still points to the spreadsheet in MN. 

Does anyone know if there is a way to change the path of the spreadsheet BEFORE i install it?  What i eneded up doing was installing it on a PC in MI, then doing a gotomeeting and changing the path.

Thanks...Rob

• Re: property tab bulider path location
          Paul Marsman

is "W" drive letter the same for MN and MI?  I mean is it actually mapped to the same server and share?

Rob Jensen

yes..."W" is the same in every location, but once it gets to the location folder (ex. MN) then that is a different server.

We are all on the same global domain.

Paul Marsman

they are the same but different?  Ok, I think I have it now, but just to make sure...

MN and MI both have W drives mapped to the same "\\server\share" locations.

Now those in MN have     W:\AMER\Owatonna\Engineering\Admin\MN

and those in MI have        W:\AMER\Owatonna\Engineering\Admin\MI

is that your setup?

We have multiple sites and locations etc but I take care of the different servers and paths through mapping a different H drive depending on the site/needs.  So one persons H goes to "\\serverA\templates" and another persons H goes to "\\serverB\MEDtemplates" ... so when I deploy settings that say H, it's taken care of outsite of SW so I can deploy the same settings to everyone but everyone is different.  I think you mean that your setup is not this way.

Probably the best way I can think of is to find that path in the registry and export it so you can deploy that setting for MI and MN sites seperately.