AnsweredAssumed Answered

Fasteners in toolbox or other?

Question asked by Shaun Moody on Mar 8, 2011
Latest reply on Mar 8, 2011 by Scott McFadden

Not sure if this is the correct place but here we go, newbie questions on setting up fasteners list. We are in the middle of switching over from MDT to SW, implimenting an erp system and also going to bring epdm on line(big list I know). We have amassed a large library of fasteners that we use. What we have is a populated list in excel that contains every fastener that we have ever and will ever use. What we are trying to decide is #1 the best way to have a library of the fastener list and #2 how do we get it in a useable form for SW? I have read many pro's and con's of the toolbox and that is a concern as the toolbox would be used over a network as would the library method (discrete parts library). The IT guy tells me that the list is a comma deliniated list, SQL server if that helps, thoughts or ideas are appreciated, as my option at the moment looks like either manually inputing infor into a custom toolbox or creating a fastener library one part at a time. Neither option sounds real appealing to me but it is what it is.

Thanks for looking.

Shaun

Outcomes