AnsweredAssumed Answered

Trying to reset SW2010 Toolbars to Default

Question asked by Jeremy Walser on Mar 2, 2011
Latest reply on Mar 2, 2011 by Paul Marsman

Hello,

I've recently started a new Designer position using SolidWorks 2010.  I've been given a PC that had been used previously by another user.  There are some major toolbar issues with this setup...

1.  The  View (heads-Up) toolbar is missing even though it's selected to be active...de-selecting it has no effect.

2.  The Shortcut bar is empty no matter if I'm in a drawing, model, assm, etc.  I can add icons, but like the way SW has them organized by default.

3.  The Command Manager at the top has a lot of missing icons.  For example, the Sketch tab is nearly empty

I've went to the Customize/Options tab and reset everything to defaults and it has no effect.  I've done a little digging through the SolidWorks folder in the Program Files directory and couldn't find anything that I thought was a custom user file.  I've also scanned the Registry to see if anything jumped out at me, but I didn't see a smoking gun.

So, basically I'm looking for help just getting everything back to defaults!  Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeremy Walser

Outcomes