4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 9, 2011 10:18 AM by Bernie Daraz

how to automatic change the title on multi-sheet drawing

Ping Gan

I am working on multi-sheet drawing, each time I need change title and drawing # , I have to chande one by one on each sheet, anyway I can change title and Drawing # on first sheet, then automatic update other sheets?

Thanks

• Re: how to automatic change the title on multi-sheet drawing
          Scott McFadden

Ping,

While you can have different sheet formats between sheets 1 and 2 and so on,

if you have custom properties and add note links to them on your format templates

they should fill in automatically.

Federico Cantoni

The best way to do this is setting up a sheet template with a text field in the "name" box, then writiing in the text field a variable name

$PRPSHEET:"SW-Title"

When you create your multi sheet drawing, the drawing name displayed will be linked with the "title" property of the model used to generate the drawing (the one you specify under files/property/title.

Federico Cantoni

Another good way is to create a custom property in the sheet (let's call it NAME), then adding in the drawing template

$PRP:"NAME"

You can use both methods, too: if you write in the sheet template

$PRP:"NAME"

$PRPSHEET:"SW-Title"

you could automatically generate titles like

(first line stated in sheet properties) ASSEMBLY PROCESS FOR

(second line from model properties) REALLY COOL PART

that may change in

(first line stated in new sheet properties, different from the other one) OVERVIEW DRAWING OF

(second line from model properties, still linked to the same model)    REALLY COOL PART

That way if you want to modify the sheet name or part name, it will be really a 2-click matter.

Bernie Daraz

Ping,

Each sheet in the tree uses a properties set that you can set. Assuming your part files all have their own details you will need to access "Properties" from the drop down on a right click on the "Sheet #" in the tree.  You will note that at the bottom left of the window that comes up states, " use custom properties from model shown in ", is a drop down. Select the view number that has the correct properties. A rebuild may be needed to update them but it should work.

Let us know how you make out!
                Bernie