4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 25, 2011 3:33 PM by Anthony Botting

Help for simulation

cedric vanlitsenburgh

hello, I can not make a fatigue test on my part. Someone can help me?

Thanks you

• Re: Help for simulation
          cedric vanlitsenburgh

i don't speak english very well, if you don't understand my request please say me.

Anthony Botting

Hi Cedric. You will need the "Simulation Professional", or higher, software (not to be confused with "SolidWorks Professional"). You typically run a static study, then define a fatigue study. The fatigue study uses the stress field from the static study. From the fatigue study options you instruct it to run a number of cycles and input the R ratio and the S/N curve of the material. Optionally you can put in dead-load corrections and fatigue data K factor. Hope that helps. -Tony

cedric vanlitsenburgh

Hello tony,

thanks you for your answer, i know the procesus for simulation but i don't know how to fill all the information knowing that I have to do a simulation of 2,000,000 cycles at 35 Hz.

if you can help me.

Thanks you

Anthony Botting

The fatigue module does not simulation a dynamic vibration  (I have asked developers to include that functionality and they indicate that they will likely do so in the future). The best approach since you're forcing the structure to vibrate at a particular frequency is to run a Harmonic analysis in the Linear Dynamics module of Simulation Premium (not to be confused with SolidWorks Premium). From that analysis you can obtain a RMS stress field plot through the structure, then compare the stresses to the S/N curve of the material to try and estimate total damage from 2E6 cycles. Hope that helps. Tony