3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 15, 2011 11:02 PM by Raghavendra Bhagavan.S.M

EPDM Best Practices Setup

Christian Mackin

Does anyone know where I can download a preconfigured Vault setup that includes Data Cards, Folder Templates and a Workflow?  I'm looking to see if others have better solutions than are provided with the EPDM software package.  At $6,000, the Quick Start Autopilot is way beyond my budget.

• Re: EPDM Best Practices Setup
          Raghavendra Bhagavan.S.M

Hi Christian !

Welcome to SW Forums ! There is no pre-configured vault for download !

But when creating a new vault it would give an dropdown to choose the quick start configuration. Refer the attached pic.

After this setup, You might have to add the users and set the appropriate permissions.

For more info on permissions, You can refer Administration guide.

Hope this helps.

Cheers !

Raghu.

Christian Mackin

Thank yuo for your quick response.

Does the Quick Start provide Folder Templates?  Something that auto creates a set of folders for a new project for example.  Something like CAD, DOC, EMAIL, SPEC folders below the top level Project folder within the Vault. 

I was hoping to find a discussion from Admins that have agonized over the planning of their Vaults and have opinions on Best Practices for everything from Part Numbering, and Folder Setup to Work Flow planning.

Raghavendra Bhagavan.S.M

Christian,

There is nothing like a best practice AFAIK because the workflow and processes evolves over a period of time and it's different from one to another industry and region.

Coming to the setting up of templates. You can easily do it after reading the administration guide from page 282 onwards.

And no body shares there workflow as it could be a problem of IP.

Hope this helps.

Cheers !

Raghu.