AnsweredAssumed Answered

Design Table Options

Question asked by Chris Ploog on Feb 8, 2011
Latest reply on Feb 8, 2011 by Dwight Livingston

I created a part that has 4 major design variables, once I did the math of the different combinations it turns out there is ~56,000 variations on this part.  Clearly I'm not going to build a design table that large.

What I did temporarily was create a design table that has the list of the variables in drop downs.  In this case, OD, ID, Thickness...  This way I can just pick the size I want from the drop downs.  Each variable in-turn is linked to the design table variables and updates the part as need.  Quick and dirty, but the down side is that this part only has 1 design configuration.  This worked for the time being...

New problem.  I am using this part in an assembly where there are multiple instances of this ring, but I need different / independent configurations.  As they are currently all linked to the same design table I am restricted to only the one configuration.

How can I keep the configurations independent of each other, but store all the variables in one part without creating such a large design table?  Is this a case for playing with derived configurations or is there a better option?

Thank you,

Chris

Attachments

Outcomes