AnsweredAssumed Answered

Help With Dimension Driven Assembly/Weldment

Question asked by Ray Luck on Feb 3, 2011
Latest reply on Feb 4, 2011 by Ray Luck

Hi,

I need to be pointed in the right direction. We've just changed from Inventor so I know roughly what I want to do but don't know how to do it. I would like to know the most efficient way to create a parametric assembly so I can pump out different sizes of the same or very similar configurations. An easy example of this would be a table frame,  previously we would have a parametric part that only has workplanes and sketches. The user could specify a tube dimension, as well as a length and a width in this parametric part. This would update all parts, assy's. and drawings including increasing holes or changing spacing according to the dims. I know SolidWorks can do this but I'm not sure where to start.

The Solidworks weldment feature looks very good, this could save us a lot of time. Ideally we would be able to specify height, length, corner details and our drawings and cut list would automatically update. I would like to master something simple like this then get into some more difficult examples.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ray.

Outcomes