2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 3, 2011 8:14 AM by Ellizory Elli

Can't add EDM addin

Ellizory Elli

No one of my self-created addins can be added by administration console and the message "Select at least one dll that implements IEdmAddIn5" followed by trying to add .dll that certainly DOES contain that one puts me in the corner. Well, what I know is that native .dll addins installs without problems.

Thank u.

• Re: Can't add EDM addin
          Jim Sculley

Ellizory Elli wrote:

No one of my self-created addins can be added by administration console and the message "Select at least one dll that implements IEdmAddIn5" followed by trying to add .dll that certainly DOES contain that one puts me in the corner. Well, what I know is that native .dll addins installs without problems.

Thank u.

As a first test, comment out all your code inside GetAddinInfo except for any code that fills in the EdmAddinInfo structure.  If the add-in loads successfully, uncomment your code a little at a time until it stops loading properly.

Other posts on trhis topic have also suggested:

A.  Renaming the offending class

B.  Loading any other working add-in, then loading the 'bad' add-in and then removing the working add-in.

It is also helpful to post your operating system, architecture (x86 or x64) and programming language.

Jim S.

• Re: Can't add EDM addin
              Ellizory Elli

Well, my fault I forgot to say that I test absolutely clear code, here it is:

using System;
              using System.Collections.Generic;
              using System.Text;
              using EdmLib;

namespace RDSClas
              {
              public class Class1asd : IEdmAddIn5
              {
              public void OnCmd(ref EdmLib.EdmCmd poCmd, ref System.Array arr){
              Vault.MsgBox(0,poCmd.mbsComment + " has changed!");
              }

IEdmVault5 Vault;

public void GetAddInInfo(ref EdmLib.EdmAddInInfo poInfo, EdmLib.IEdmVault5 eVault, EdmLib.IEdmCmdMgr5 eCM){
              poInfo.mbsAddInName = "PDMWE add-in";
              poInfo.mbsCompany = "Texas Engineering Systems" ;
              poInfo.mbsDescription = "Monitor Data Card input";
              poInfo.mlAddInVersion = 1 ;
              poInfo.mlRequiredVersionMajor = 5;
              poInfo.mlRequiredVersionMinor = 2;
              eCM.AddHook(EdmCmdType.EdmCmd_CardInput);

Vault = eVault;
              }
              }
              };

so, as you can see, it's clear.. may be, i miss something, but this code:) would work in 2010 version...

What's about "any working dll", I don't have such, could you give it to me, please?

... x86, WinXP, C#, VS2010, (Trying to change over all  .NET Frameworks)

Thank u.