6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 2, 2011 11:33 AM by Aaron Powers

Model Items 2

Do Brach

Hi Again

I'm almost there getting the dimensions into a drawing views using the 'model Items'.  Right now,  I'm inserting the dimensions one view (six different views) at a time using 'selected feature', because if I pick the 'entire model' and then check 'Import items into all views' I'll get all the dimensions in the views that I don't want.  I would like the freedom to control  dimensions going into which view by using the  'Entire model-->' Importing items into all views'---is there a way to do this?

Always appreciate the help.

Thanks

Do

• Re: Model Items 2
          Kelvin Lamport

Dimensions can be moved from view to view by holding the Shift key while dragging and dropping onto the target view.

Dimensions can be copied from view to view by holding the Ctrl key while dragging and dropping onto the target view.

Scott McFadden

Do,

You can also pick only the views you want dimensions to show up in.

Remember if certain dimensions don't show up it may be because

the view is not in the proper orientation as the dimension was created.

Do Brach

Scot

Yes, I understand that.

'Views are not in right orientation', do you mean for example--if I want the dimensions to show up in the BACK for my model drawing, I need to 'mark dimension for drawing' of a model in part file to be also in BACK orientation?

Please see attachment.

Thanks

Do

Scott McFadden

Do,

Kinda sorta.  What I am more thinking is, as an example, if you have a revolved part

and say you create your sketch in the side plane.  Your view you want the dimensions

in is based on the front plane.  Which is 90° from the side plane, the dimensions will

not show up even if you have them marked for drawing (which can be setup as the default

selection).  I hope this makes sense.

Aaron Powers

Note there is an SPR in regards to what Scott is talking about, SPR 310693. This is an extremely annoying limitation for me, especially since if you use the fillet feature it automatically adds the dimensions on the top plane. If you go to the Enhancement Requests portion of the Customer Portal and search for the SPR number you can "vote" for it. Maybe if enough people give feedback they'll actually do something about it.