AnsweredAssumed Answered

Workgroup PDM Vault Admin Won't Update - 2011 Version

Question asked by Tim R on Jan 26, 2011
Latest reply on Oct 15, 2016 by John Bell

Hi,

Had PDM Vault Admin Client installed on my local computer in SW 2010.  IT Support Installed SW 2011, which left me without the PDM Vault Admin Client for SW 2011. Went to Change/Modify my install to get the PDM Vault Admin Client installed through adding the check mark like i had to do to get it installed in SW 2010.  Well, it had a problem:

Error 1334.The file 'pdmworks.chm49' cannot be installed because the file cannot be found in cabinet file 'Client64.cab'. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package.

(Maybe, that's the problem? it's looking for a CD-ROM when DS sends out DVDs.  ).  I tell it to continue and then I get this:

Internal error: The Windows Installer for this product component did not run as expected: InstallExecute.

I tried to install it 6 or 7 times and keep getting the same errors.  I am running Solidworks 2011 SP1 64 bit on Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.  Doesn't Desault Systems test these installs before they release them?  How do i get the PDM Vault Admin Client installed?

Tim

Outcomes