I need to spec quite a powerful, but still budget conscious desktop for our design office.
Our upper price bracket is $7500
- I will use SW21010 on Windows 7 / 64bit and Synergis Adept Document management software.
- I also need this machine to do FEA on a regular basis on assemblies with no more than 30 parts.
- The machine will mostly be doing factory layouts with up to 25k parts. The parts are nothing special with regular geometry and no complicated surfacing at all.
- All our data is stored on a server, so only a single, fast HD is needed and I'm thinking 24GB RAM is a must.
- I'm pretty much set on Dell as we've had bad experiences with built up machines in the past.
I am a bit unsure as to what I should be getting for the rest of the machine, especially MB, procs and graphics.