2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 29, 2012 7:49 PM by Jerry Steiger

Error Opening "   " for write.  Document may already be open......

Jason Konarzewski

Error opening file.jpg

Is there anyway to dismiss this message so that I don't have to select "yes" for every single part that is already open?  I have a lot of assemblies with similar parts so this gets quite tedious.  I know there is an option to dismiss a lot of error messages, but I don't know if this is able to be dismissed.

• Re: Error Opening "   " for write.  Document may already be open......
          Zenjoe Green

anyone have an answer to this? I am running into this message as well opening assemblies out of the PDMW on my win7, sw2010/sp5 machine. This error does not show up on my winxp, sw2010/sp5 machine opening the same file. (by the way, this error comes up with nothing opened in solidworks)

I have administrative rights on both machines and have confirmed that everyone has write access on the pdm folders. I cant find the difference between the two machines.

I only get the error when trying to open files that I do not have ownership of, I do not get this message when opening parts that I do have owership of.

It looks like it may be an issue with pdm itself, although when going through the Solidworks Worgroup PDM Options, everything between the winXP and win7 machines are identical.

Please help, I am being annoid to death here!

• Re: Error Opening "   " for write.  Document may already be open......
            Jerry Steiger

Jason,

I answer "Yes to all" on the first part and that's the end of it. I'm running SW2010 and Workgroup PDM. I also have Tools/Options/System Options/External References/"Open referenced documents with read-only access" not checked.

Jerry Steiger