4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 29, 2010 12:39 PM by 1-N0NWEO

I lost SolidWorks Commands in Windows Explorer

Previously I was able to right-click on a SW file in windows explorer and I could pack and go or rename the file right there.  After upgrading to 2011, the SolidWorks commands disappeared from the menu.  Now, to pack and go I have to open the part/assembly or use SW Explorer which takes a lot of extra time.

Does anyone know how to get the SolidWorks menu commands back in the windows right-click menu?

Thanks,

Paul

• Re: I lost SolidWorks Commands in Windows Explorer
          Wayne Tiffany

From the Knowledge base.

WT

This feature is installed during the Solidworks Explorer installation. If after a re-install of SolidWorks Explorer, the feature is still unavailable, the user can try the following:

In Windows Explorer, find the Sldshellutilsu.dll (by default it is in the "C:\Program Files\Common Files\SolidWorks Shared" directory). Open up a command prompt (Start > Run and type CMD). Type the REGSVR32 syntax to unregistrer and re-register the dll. Type regsvr32 -u <drag and drop the dll from Windows Explorer> to unregistry the dll. An example of this is:

Regsvr32 -u "c:\Program Files\Common Files\SolidWorks Shared\Sldshellutilsu.dll"

Then simply type regsvr32 <drag and drop the dll> to re-register the dll. Example:

Regsvr32 "c:\Program Files\Common Files\SolidWorks Shared\Sldshellutilsu.dll"

This should resolve the issue. Please note, in Windows® Vista, it is not possible to drag and drop from the Windows Explorer so it is required to copy/paste the path.