AnsweredAssumed Answered

Searching latest revision

Question asked by Stephen Ball on Dec 22, 2010
Latest reply on Dec 23, 2010 by Stephen Ball

Hi everyone,

I have set up my drawings with a custom property flag so that we can indicate if the drawing is ready for approval (i.e. the field says "pending" when ready for approval, and "approved" when it has been approved, and is blank otherwise).  The idea would be that we could search for "pending" to see which drawings need attention.

This was fine any dandy when we first started.  However, now that all my drawings have been approved, when I search for "pending", all past revisions that contain "pending" show up in the search results (i.e. if revision 2 has pending status, and revision 3 has approved status, revision 2 will show up in the results).  So any part that has ever been checked in with "pending" as the flag status will show up in the search results regardless of whether it has since been approved and checked back in as a new revision.

I would like to find a way to limit the search to the latest revision only?  Using the example above, it would only search revision 3 and thus would return no results because that latest revision has "approved" in the field.

I can't think of a way to filter out the old revisions in the search reports.  Any thoughts?

Happy holidays!!

Stephen

Outcomes