AnsweredAssumed Answered

Flow Simulation Boundary Conditions

Question asked by 1-VCA3HI on Dec 22, 2010
Latest reply on Dec 24, 2010 by Anthony Botting

I am currently running SolidWorks Premium 2009 with Flow Simulation 2009.

In SolidWorks Flow Simulation, I am trying to create boundary conditions such that I can run an internal flow analysis. However, when I click on the face of the lid I am trying to set the boundary condition, I come up with the error:

Face<1>@DESCRIPTION is not laying on the boundary between solid and fluid region.

I have tried on both sides of the lid as well as ensure I have no leaks in my system. On top of that, i have tried going through fluid subdomains to try and resolve the issue but no success. I have used this for other assemblies before but this is the first time I have encountered this error.

My assembly has two flow inlets and outlets which are independant of eachother. I used the fluid volume check but it still comes up as zero and regardless of which lid face I select, I still come up with that error. Also, a weird thing is that Solidworks creates a computational domain around my WHOLE assembly as opposed to the part where I am trying to analyze and I can't seem to figure out why.

Outcomes