2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 9, 2011 1:13 PM by Jerry Steiger

Solidworks 2011 SP.1 INSTALLATION MANAGER

Richard T. Wallace

I'm not sure where to post this but I'm having problems with the installation manager in Solidworks.  When I try to upgrade to SW2011 SP1, Solidworks Installation Manager gets to the point where I can choose the upgrade, but for some reason the buttons, Cancel, Help, and Next, will not work if I click on them.  I can click the "X" up at the top right corner to close the dialog box, which it then asks if I really want to close and those buttons work, but the buttons I need to work do not.  I'd call my reseller support, but they're not open on the weekend.  Anyone have any ideas, websites that would help, anything???

• Re: Solidworks 2011 SP.1 INSTALLATION MANAGER
          Derek Bishop

Not going to be much help here except to say that when I clicked on the button to install the software after downloading it from the net the buttons on the installation manager lost their graphics and the programs showing as being open on the task manager showed not responding. This went on for 10-20 minutes. I left it for about another hour, came back and the installation manager window had gone and seems to have installed the software. I put it down to being just another junk GUI from SolidWorks. In future I'm going to get then VAR to burn a CD and will install it from that. I seem to have nothing but problems downloading upgrades from the net these days.

• Re: Solidworks 2011 SP.1 INSTALLATION MANAGER
            Jerry Steiger

Richard,

This reply isn't going to do you any good now. (I assume, since there was no follow-up, that you got your installation to work.) If you have installation problems in the future, you will probably have better luck posting in the SolidWorks Forums/Administration/Installation forum.

Jerry Steiger

Message was edited by: Jerry Steiger