Project and Design Engineer with at least 10 years experience, 3D solid modeling and drafting skills required, for a premiere stamping and design company.
Candidate must present keen mechanical engineering skills for automation and class A stamping tooling, along with the creative ability to invent low cost, pragmatic solutions to customer needs. The ideal candidate has good interpersonal skills, good communication skills (oral, written and through design prints) and has a track record of progressively challenging projects and complex tasks.
1. Work with the Engineering Manager and Account Managers to direct the technical efforts for solving customer problems.
2. Must be familiar with modern project management techniques. Must be fluent in the use of Gantt charting (MS Project) and project cost estimating. Considered the key company technical contact for relevant customer projects.
3. Work with customers and prints to determine ‘best’ solution. This could involve: automation, custom tooling or process optimization.
4. Generate advanced solid models and underlying detail to render mechanical ideas.
5. Conduct all work a timely manner to the expectations of end customers.
6. Work closely with tooling staff and business management to achieve end product at cost targets and time targets.
7. Use SolidWorks
8. Train other engineers to improve productivity.
9. Perform technical analysis and advise customers on technical matters.
10. Assist in the development and implementation of ISO9001:2000 operating procedures.
Minimum of 10 years experience working in a professional environment as an engineer. Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering required. Experience designing automation is considered a pre-requisite. Previous experience with design of experiments (DOE’s) and statistical analysis is preferred.
We offer a competitive compensation package, including performance bonuses, along with a company sponsored health and ESOP retirement plan.
Direct all communications by e-mail to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Direct applicants only, no recruiters please. Also, we are not considering applicants who need sponsorship.