1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 16, 2010 11:41 AM by Kevin De Smet

Please define Elastic modulus

Lee Macklem

I have a big issue with the simulation software.  I define all my materials in Solidworks and when I go to run a simulation it should just use the defined materials.  Instead I get an error "Please define Elastic modulus in material properties".  It is already defined in the properties so until I define the materials for all the parts in the simulation setup it will keep giving me the error.  I should not have to define the materials in two places for the simulation to work.  Does anyone else ever see this issue.  I am using Solidworks Simulation Professional 2010 x64 SP4.0

• Re: Please define Elastic modulus
          Kevin De Smet

If you apply a material to your parts first, and then start a study, it will take those over to the simulation setup. However, if you already have a study and define a material in your modeling environment, it won't take it over... you could try right-clicking on the top of the simulation tree (same place where you'd go to the Properties of the study) and "Update all components" but I don't think this takes over materials you newly defined.