AnsweredAssumed Answered

Update existing route with new pipe data.

Question asked by Trent Westbrook on Dec 7, 2010
Latest reply on Mar 5, 2012 by Trent Westbrook

Greetings,

I have an interesting problem I am hoping someone here might have a solution; Our VAR support has stated that there is no way to do this, but I suspect otherwise.

I have an assembly with around 200 routes already drawn. (I am working in plant design, very large assemblies) Late in the project we realized we needed certain data to show up in the BOM, and created four custom properties in all of our routing library parts.  Since all flanges, elbows, etc, are direct references to the routing library, they updated perfectly.  The pipe lengths did not, however.

It seems that when a route is first generated it looks at the 'pipe.sldprt' source file and pulls all the data from it then and never looks back at the file again.  Since our pipe file did not have the custom properties when the routes where created, the derived pipe parts created for the route do not contain the custom properties.

My question is this:  How can I get the route to re-reference the source pipe file and pull in the new custom properties?

Outcomes