9 Replies Latest reply on Dec 8, 2010 10:33 AM by John Steensen

EPDM Logout

David McCall

Anyone know if there is a way to force a user to logout of the vault? We have a user (who is on vacation this week) but his computer won't release the license (even with the checkbox clicked to automatically logout after 30 minutes of inactivity). Has anyone seen this non-logout situation in their implementations? I'm running EPDM2010 SP4.0 on Server2008 64bit. Our clients are a mix of Win7 64bit and WinXP 32bit, but this user is still WinXP 32bit.

David

• Re: EPDM Logout
          Michael Dekoning

David,

To my knowledge the only way to get the user logged out is to log him off of his computer. We have asked SolidWorks to allow an Admin to force a user log out but it has not been implemented.

Mike

EPDM 2010 SP2

• Re: EPDM Logout
              David McCall

Michael,

that is what I am discovering. I asked SW (through my VAR) and recieved this option as well:

A possible workaround if an administrator really needs to release a license for a user that has left for the day could be to kill that SQL connection using SQL management studio:

For SQL 2005
              1. Open SQL management studio
              2. Expand management, open Activity monitor
              3. Sort using the "Host" column - this list each workstation name connected to the SQL server.
              4. Find the user's workstation and RMB > Kill Process on any processes called "EdmServer.exe" on that host.

For SQL 2008
              1. Open SQL management studio
              2. RMB on the SQL Server name -> Activity Monitor -> Processes
              3. Sort using the "Host Name" column - this list each workstation name connected to the SQL server.
              4. Find the user's workstation and RMB > Kill Process on any processes called "EdmServer.exe" on that host.

This will temporarily kill the SQL connection, but the "EdmServer.exe" from the client computer will try to reconnect. Therefore, it is important the user performs the login process immediately after the SQL connection is killed.The only method to force a user to log off the vault is to kill the "EdmServer.exe" or log out from the client computer.

from how I read the last paragraph, if you don't immediatly login a new user, then the computer you just booted will log itself back in. I have submitted an enhancement request as well.

David