9 Replies Latest reply on Dec 14, 2010 11:28 AM by Joy Garon

EPDM 2011

Ricky Jordan

Is anyone using EPDM 2011 yet?  If you are, I'd love to hear how that is going for you.

We are very early in our implementation here with only 3 or 4 users utilizing EPDM 2010 SP4.  I'm thinking about going ahead and upgrading soon to EPDM 2011 before we start adding more users.  Thoughts?

Best Regards,

Ricky Jordan

• Re: EPDM 2011
          Tony Cantrell

Lucky devil, currently not using EPDM but will keep my ears open for ya. (using Team Center)

Michael Dekoning

Ricky,

We started with EPDM 2008 and have upgraded every year. We currently have over 400 users. We wait for SP1 and also have to contend with our IS freeze on software deployments from mid-Dec. to mid-Jan. So it's usually after SolidWorks World before we upgrade. My advice is to get your users working in the vault and not wait for 2011. When you upgrade, you will only have to train your users on the new features.

Mike

EPDM 2010 SP2

Jason Capriotti

Michael,

We have a little over 500 users and I'm curious about how you handle the software deployment and upgrades. We currently upgrade once a year and its not the easiest process to go through when trying to upgrade all the clients.

Do you just upgrade once or do you upgrade also when service packs are released?

How do you deploy the client software?

How many sites do you have users at?

Michael Dekoning

Jason,

We only upgrade once a year. There would have to be a really compelling reason for us to do this more frequently.

Our IS department distributes the client software using LANDesk Inventory Manager. This allows them to distribute the software to various locations prior to installation and then schedule the install to occur after the servers are upgraded. We do the server upgrades ourselves over a weekend.

We currently have 14 sites in all regions around the world.

Mike

EPDM 2010 SP2

Joy Garon

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to chime in with some 2011 information that may be useful for those of you delpoying clients to lots of users.

You can push the client to your users via an admin image. Please refere to the 2011 Installation Guide section:

Deploying Clients Using Windows Active Directory

In 2011 there is no longer a requirement to have SQL-DMO installed on each client.

Regards,

Joy