10 Replies Latest reply on Jun 26, 2013 10:16 PM by Danny Recthor

Tiff & JPEG into Solidworks

Dear All SW users......

I have a case :
      Sometimes my customer give me a tiff / jpeg / pdf file format. Then I must redraw from those data. Any tips for me the best way, so I can easily convert that file into solidworks ?

BTW any body know about AutoCAD Overlay ? We can import Tiff into Autocad overlay as line. So we can edit or delete entities. But, the problem is dwg filr that produce by autocadoverlay can`t open by AutoCad & DWGeditor standart.

Any body know solidworks partner that can do like Autocad overlay ?

Lampard

SW 2006 Premium Sp4.1

• Tiff & JPEG into Solidworks
          You can use Adobe illustrator and convert to dxf, and then into SolidWorks. The tiff and jpeg images would have to be of exceptional quality otherwise once converted they would look like crap and mostly unledgable.
            Hi......

Any body know about this problem ?

Lampard,
            SW 2006 Premium Sp 4.1
            Nvidia FX 500

• Re: Tiff & JPEG into Solidworks
                Peter Gillespie
                Like Ed said, you need to convert it. The basic concept is that a tiff or jpg is a bitmap image, composed of dots. You need a vector image, like wmf, or more directly, a dxf. I don't have to do this, so I don't know particular products, but you will need a program (Illustrator or otherwise) that can convert a bitmap to a vector. Just make sure that one of the output file formats for the vector can be read by Solidworks.

You can use Adobe illustrator and convert to dxf, and then into SolidWorks. The tiff and jpeg images would have to be of exceptional quality otherwise once converted they would look like crap and mostly unledgable.
                  John Burrill
                  I don't think anyone's written a raster-editing module for Solidworks. That's too much inside of Adobe's camp.
                  • Re: Tiff & JPEG into Solidworks
                    Danny Recthor

If you wanna save these complicated steps and find a easy way, you can google tiff  to jepg Converter and you will find many useful tools, or google how to convert tiff to jepg and vice versa to get instructive articles. Good luck:) I think tiff conversion programmes can enable to quickly convert files. i have use tiff converter which can original layouts hyperlinks, Images and tables retained in word ,text, image, Epub, html.but i forgot download the wedsite ,go to google. By the way , pay attention to your system platform, select the suitable one . I use a tiff converter driver found on the internet . Install it and it becomes a selectable converter option.Then you can convert tiffs to many forms  in any program at all, including Adobe Acrobat . Just open a tiff , select convert, and choice a form you want, then you can do tiff to jepg conversion and vice versa, the task will be finished in several seconds. if you haven't found a good choice  , you can have a try. best wishes.