1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 2, 2010 3:07 PM by Ryan Werner

part number automated in cut lists

Christine Bickenbach

I have two parts in my cut list, each is a configuration.  So I have part A configuration b  and part C configuration D.

I am trying to figure out how the part number (configuration number to be more exact) show up automatically in my cut list.  It seems I have to type it in manually.  I don't like this as this is room for error.  I could like to see that it automatically populates like in the BOM table.

is there a way to do this??

I am using SW 2010

Thank you for any help. (I've also posted this in the weldments thread, but am not getting much notice there, so please forgive for the double post)

Chrisitne

• Re: part number automated in cut lists
          Ryan Werner

Hi Christine,

I am pretty sure you are out of luck as far as being able to get the part number from an inserted part to automatically show up in a cut list.  Since a weldment is supposed to be its own unique part they have not added this functionality.  I have read some threads that illustrated work arounds to get part numbers linked with an inserted part to show up but from what I could tell they weren't really any quicker, easier, or less prone to mistakes than simply manually putting a part number in the properties for the cut list item.  Good luck all the same.

Ryan W.