AnsweredAssumed Answered

No more "roll forward" in 2011 when editing an earlier sketch?

Question asked by Becky Suciu on Dec 1, 2010
Latest reply on Dec 1, 2010 by Deepak Gupta

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this issue, or found the "roll forward" command while editing a sketch if it has moved.  The way that I use SolidWorks, it is sometimes helpful to "roll forward" the feature tree while editing an earlier sketch.  I used to be able to do that by dragging the "rollback bar" forward from where I was in the Feature Tree to the features that I want to be able to see.  But now that we have installed 2011, when I am editing a sketch, the rollback bar is already at the bottom, and everything below my location in the feature tree is greyed out.  Or, I used to be able to right-click what I want to see in the feature tree, and select "roll forward", "roll to previous", or "roll to end".  But now, the "roll..." command is mysteriously gone, and right-clicking below my location only leaves me with 2 (useless) options: Document Properties, and Hide/Show Tree Items (at first I thought that might be it, but no, it just means to hide/show them in the tree - not roll anything forward).  Was this eliminated in 2011, or does anyone know where I can find that option if it was moved?  Help!!

Outcomes