2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 30, 2010 10:55 AM by Anthony Botting

Simulation Files

Sean Leo

Hi,

I've been running a few linear static simulations and upon completion I have tons of files saved to my hard drive. Here are a few:

096 File

097 File

098 File

...126 File, 127 File

HDR File

P39 File

P45 File

PC0 FIle

STE File

GEN File

CWR File

NOD File

ELE File

DSP File

Which of these files are trully essential to keep, in order to review my results in the future? I am trying to save space on my hard drive. The files range from a few MB to mostly 60MB with the CWR being a few GB.

• Re: Simulation Files
          Keith Parker

Sean - The CWR file is the only one you need to keep.  Try it, then you'll be sure...

• Re: Simulation Files
            Anthony Botting

We know there is a bug-fix for that (please try latest SP) to get rid of the files with numerical prefixes. Also, there is a switch in Simulation Options, Default Options, Results tab in the "Results folder" section, that might be turned-on. It is labeled "Keep temporary database files".  The bottom-line file you need for viewing results is a kind-of archive file with extension "CWR" (formerly stood for "Cosmos Works Results"). If you give the model to someone, you can send them that CWR file, too. When they open your model and request results, the software will unzip that archive file to expose the results for post-processing. Hope that helps.