AnsweredAssumed Answered

Bulk Check in Errors

Question asked by Scott McFadden on Nov 19, 2010
Latest reply on Nov 21, 2010 by Scott McFadden

Hi,

I have a situation where in my department we have obtained a group of hardware Solidworks parts.

The locations from which this hardware is coming from is read only.  If I copy these items to my own

harddrive and bulk check these in it will add the files to the list to be bulk checked in, but when I select

check in it goes through each file and reports that each item failed to be check in and says due to

an unknown error.

What is strange and IT can't seem to figure it out yet is all of the directories on my harddrive are read only.

Does the bulk check in crab at read only directories?  If so other then checking in each file individually

(can you say time consuming?) is there another bulk check in method or what anm I missing?

The only other thing is the directory structure that the hardware I am trying to check in comes

from is about 4 tiers deep.  I am trying to mimic that same directory structure because that is what

everyone is used to.  Because of what I have read in this portal about directories in the vault I am just wondering

if this directory structure poses a problem.  Even though I don't see how.

Thanks for your help.

Outcomes