4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 23, 2010 12:22 AM by Joe Galliera

FlowSim Data

Dan Whitney

After running a flow simulation on a part, data is stored within the model.  ...how do I find & get rid of that data entirely? 

• Re: FlowSim Data
          Chris Michalski

Each simulation configuration generates a new results file that contains everything.  By default these are simply numerically generated (1, 2,...) (at least in older versions)

Deleting those folders deletes the results.

If you want to delete the setup inside the Feature Manager (materials, boundary conditions, etc) you can just delete the configuration it created when you started the new simulation.

Dan Whitney

After flow sim has run: I can close the file without saving, delete the results folder and when I open up the model and initiate the analysis again, it remembers all of my inputs.  ...I want it to forget, like it never happened.  There must be access to this information, right?

Chris Michalski

I've found that most times if you don't want the changes saved and just close, SW takes the intiative to correct your "mistake" and saves anyway. (They're kinda like Windows in that regard)

When you start a new simulation it asks to make a new configuration or use the same one - I always make a new one.  If you then delete that configuration it asks if you want to delete the data also - this dumps all of that associated information.

If you use the original configuration I am not sure how you delete the flow data, I've always made new configurations for each set of conditions.  ?? Maybe make a new configuration and delete the original??

Joe Galliera

All Flow Sim setup is stored in the assembly (or part) file.  It has nothing to do with the results files in the sequentially numbered folders.

To solve your question: Right click on the Flow project name (the top of the Flow feature tree) and then choose the option to clear the configuration as shown in the attached picture.