4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 25, 2006 10:44 AM by

Revision Schemes

Joy,

Thank you again for your response, you are the best at responding to users questions and concerns.

We currently do not PDM software to manage our files. We looked at PDMWorks Workgroup but since we have multiple locations it wasn't the best solution for us. Now we have PDMWorks Enterprise at the top of our list to evaluate. It has been difficult since our VARs are not comfortable demoing the product yet.

I was trained on PDMWorks several years ago at SolidWorks when working for a VAR. Lisa, I think, trained me on the software. So PDMWorks is my benchmark when evaluating PDM solutions.

Thanks again,

Greg Johnson
      Duncan Aviation LNK
        • Revision Schemes
          Hi Greg -

1. Can PDMWorks Enterprise be set up to use working copies like PDMWorks Workgroup?

No - the product is much more stringent due to it's use in environments that require strict process compliance.

2. Our current company revision scheme is set up as follows; preliminary releases P1, P2, P3 ..., initial release è (Greek letter Theta) and revisions A, B, C ... Can PDMWorks Enterprise be set up with this revision scheme?

Yes it can. (athough I need to check on the Greek letter - that I'm not sure of... are you doing this now with Workgroup?) You would create workflow where you would transition to the appropriate release type.

Regards,
          Joy
          • Revision Schemes
            Does PDMWorks Enterprise have the ability to define custom revisioning schemes? I just visited a company that was using Conisio and the only part of the software we were not impressed with was the revisioning scheme.
            • Revision Schemes
              Yes it does. My guess is that they did not investigate how to set it up.
              In the admin tool, you simply define the schema. The schema gets applied at the appropriate transition in the workflow (ie: release to engineering, release to manufacturing).

Regards,
              Joy
              • Revision Schemes
                Joy,

Thank you for the response. A few more questions about the revision scheme in PDMWorks Enterprise.

1. Can PDMWorks Enterprise be set up to use working copies like PDMWorks Workgroup?
                2. Our current company revision scheme is set up as follows; preliminary releases P1, P2, P3 ..., initial release è (Greek letter Theta) and revisions A, B, C ... Can PDMWorks Enterprise be set up with this revision scheme?

Thanks again,

Greg Johnson
                Duncan Aviation, LNK