4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 19, 2010 11:39 PM by Aravind Naik

Automatic backup

Aravind Naik

Hai frnz,

As of now, known fact is manual backup of Enterprise PDM is possible.Does anybody know the automatic backup of PDM data to set up?????????

• Re: Automatic backup
          Faur Arama

You can use SQL server for that. Look in Installation Guide there is a chapter named Backing Up and Restoring File Vaults.

Aravind Naik

Dear Faur Arama,

We have followed the steps but backup on daily basis isn't happening automatically.....Please do a favour of letting me know the detailed procedure of automatic backup on a daliy basis......................

Faur Arama

You can use "Maintenance Plan Wizard" in SQL Management Studio from Management->Maintenance Plans right click and Maintenance Plan Wizard.

On second dialog box (where you can name your maintenace plan) you have the option to create a schedule (change button).

First verify that SQL Agent service is started.

Good luck!

Aravind Naik

Dear Faur Arama,

Am very thankful for ur co-operation and it did work for your suggestion on automatic back up.But,the difficulty is restoring.........I tried restoring but failed in doing so..........May I know the preliminary steps to achieve this restoring ......??????????????