7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 1, 2010 10:47 AM by Ryan Werner

How can I see bending and shear moment using simulation?

gil maor

How can I see bending and shear moment using simulation?

I'm new to simulation and using solidwork 2010

Thanks

Gil

• Re: How can I see bending and shear moment using simulation?
          Kevin De Smet

These types of criteria can only be really viewed with studies that have beam/truss elements.

If you have a solid, you can view shear stresses and strains but no real moments or torques. For a surface (shell) mesh, you can view the top/bottom of the shell and also the like neutral axis in bending, which you may find useful.

In a study with beam elements, after running the simulation, right-click on the Results folder and Define Beam Diagram that will allow you to plot axial, shear, moments and torques.

gil maor

Hi Kevin,

I have done as you suggested and now I can analyze beams.

I have tried to analize a more complex structure built from two beams connected in the middle, the problem is that after meshing the parts that connects the two beam dissapear and when I try to run the analysis I get an error message: "Please define bonded contact sets between beam and solid/shell"

How do I do it?

I have attacehd the assembly and and analysis

Thanks

Gil,

Ryan Werner

Gil,

You must be trying to run a Mixed Mesh analysis which means that at least one body in your study is either being treated as a Solid or a Shell.  You must define contact sets between the Solid/Shell body and the beams that it is connected to.  There is an automatic feature in 2010 for defining those contacts which works pretty well but sometimes to get the analysis to run properly you still have to add a set or two.  Good Luck.

Ryan W.