I did the following:
- Made a nice simple JPG image (leaving some white) space using MS Paint. I'm talking about just black text on a white background
- With PhotoWorks created a Decal and selected the white space in the JPG with the "medicine dropper" as the only transparency selection
- Applied it to a face of a multibody part that has 3 Configurations (which only differ by the width of a slot cut in the face with the Decal but away from the Decal itself. I chose All Configurations in the Decal Property Sheet. I used Label as the mapping method
- Chose to Embed the Decal (PhotoWorks Menu -> Options -> Document Properties -> Store PhotoWorks data...)
- Everything looked fine. Saved the model and Checked it into the PDM vault
Now, I got rid of the Decal file. The model file is supposed to have the Decal embedded after all. Now when I or anyone else opens the model, only the last Configuration saved when I created the model shows the Decal. The other Configurations do not display the Decal. Bad news, really reduced my confidence in the functionality. I am open to workarounds but I'll say that I have tried to coax it by applying the Decal for each Configuration and lots of other things. I find the Configuration area of the Decal Property Sheet silly and insulting if it doesn't work as expected. I'd feel a little better if I could do some weird things to make it work.
I was at least able to extract a copy of the Decal from the one Configuration. But that does not solve the problem.
I don't think it has anything to do with the part being multibody.
Has anybody else experienced this irritation?
SolidWorks 2010 SP4.0.
Thanks in advance.