AnsweredAssumed Answered

delete short edges?

Question asked by Jim Steinmeyer on Oct 4, 2010
Latest reply on Oct 4, 2010 by Jim Steinmeyer

With the help of Mark I have been able to start cleaning up some of my imported surfaces, however I can't get them completely repaired. The attached file has been round triped to .stp and back to .sldprt and then with import diagnostics i was aable to repair all faces but had two edges that would not solve without deleting. I now have several short edges amd have not been able to figure out how to remove them. Is there a way to select the edge rather than a surface and then delete it? In Matt Lombard's surfacing book he mentions this as a tip that sometimes works with "delete face" to get rid of the edges. However when I attempt that I am unable to select the edge rather than a face.

I am assuming that you can only run import diagnostics until the first time you add a feature to the model and then it is disabled. Is that correct?

Secondly, how do I get the sketch to extrude to surface? When I attempt to do this it first wants to create a thin feature which I don't want but also will not allow the surface to terminate the feature. i am assuming that this is related to the short edges but I wanted to make sure.

Thank you

Attachments

Outcomes