AnsweredAssumed Answered

Mating parallel parts

Question asked by David Suelflow on Oct 1, 2010
Latest reply on Oct 1, 2010 by David Suelflow

OK…  I’ve tried this several different ways and cannot make it work.  I have a floating pier that is attached to fixed piers via 2 bridges.  The floating part needs to move up and down with the tide with the bridges following, I’m thinking this is similar to a suspension system with multiple parts moving in concert.  I just cannot get this thing to connect without getting over-defined.

At first I created axis at each of the connection points to mate together, then I tried mating with points, but each time when I try to add the last mate it goes over-defined.  Is there a method to this madness?  In my head I can see how it might be over-defined but for the life of me I cannot think of a way to put this together so that it is not.  Additionally, I need to add 3 more mooring booms which will act in a similar way, so that there will be a total of 5 parts connecting the fixed and floating parts.  How do you automotive guys (& gals) get a wheel to travel up and down while connected to several parts at the same time?

Attachments

Outcomes