AnsweredAssumed Answered

Flat Length and Width in BOM or Report from Drawing?

Question asked by Larry Gray on Sep 24, 2010
Latest reply on Sep 27, 2010 by Samu Niveri

Hello,

I know flat length and width have been discussed here many times, but this is a slightly different question. The best idea I seen for dealing with the flat length and width of a part is to link the actual dimensions to a custom property in the drawing (not the part). This is easy to do, just create the property and click on the length and width dimension on the flat pattern. What I can't figure out is how to access it. All the other properties I need are associated with the part, not the drawing, so if I generate a report out of the vault, most of the properties are in the part, and the flat dimensions are in drawing.

To make a long story short, is there a way link drawing properties to a part, or vice versus? In other words, I want the flat dimension to go from the drawing custom property back to a custom property on the part, or the description (and several others) from the part to populate a custom property of the same name on the drawing. This way I could generate a report that I could import to Excel, and generate our cover sheet/cutlist for an entire project or assembly.

Thanks,

Larry Gray

Outcomes