We are both on SW 09 SP5.1. I am on Win7 64bit and he is on Xp 32bit. Im hoping thats not the issue.
I just verified that it is not a OS issue. We tried to point to another computer's solidworks data folder and got the same error.
Ok, I found the problem / solution.
My database was at version 12.24, his was already at 13.18.
I found the UpdateBrowserData.exe file in C:\Program Files\Solidworks Corp\ Solidworks\ Toolbox\ data utilities
I put C:\Program Files\SolidWorks Corp\SolidWorks\Toolbox\data utilities\lang\English\updatedb.mdb in "Updating Database"
I put C:\Important\Solidworks Data\lang\English\SWBrowser.mdb into "Database to Update"
After that finished I verified that I had the correct database by opening the SWBrowser.mdb file and checking "version"
Once I had my database updated I could point the other computer to my database without any issues!
I hope this helps someone at some point.
Retrieving data ...