AnsweredAssumed Answered

Need help from the rendering experts

Question asked by Seth Renigar on Sep 3, 2010
Latest reply on Sep 14, 2010 by Jeremiah Feist

I'm being asked by our marketing dept. if we can create a rendered cutaway view of one of our product assemblies.  They handed me the attached picture as a rough example of what they were after.  They did tell me it didn't have to be to this quality.  Their main objective is to create a few images to be able to see internal components, so they can use it on some of their publications.

Now, I know SolidWorks quite well.  But I've not really used PhotoWorks or PV360 enough to know it very well at all.  There is a guy that works here that knows PhotoWorks a little better than I do.  However, he is out right the rest of the day, and marketing is wanting an answer if we can do something like this or not today.

Can anyone tell me if doing something like this is possible using either of the rendering packages?  If so, can you give me a very basic idea of how to go about doing something like this?  I don't want to take up too much of your time.  Just a general idea should be good enough, for now anyway.

Thanks in advance.

Seth

Attachments

Outcomes