AnsweredAssumed Answered

Equivalent selection of Porous media for Flow through mesh and perf.

Question asked by Phani Kottapalli on Sep 1, 2010
Latest reply on Sep 3, 2010 by David Paulson
  • I am trying to find equivalent resistance for Perf and mesh used in the Strainer. Creating a complete model is create huge memory and time consuming and problem for big size strainers
  • Solid works flow simulation has a Porous Media option, but I don’t  know how to choose equivalent porous media option for my application.
  • Please advise if there is any alternate equivalent flow resistance option in solid works flow for my application.
  • Porous media application in Solid works
    • How to define which type of porous media to be selected for Equivalent of perf and mesh geometry
    • While specifying the direction to porous media, which to be considered Porous geometry opening direction or fluid reference flow direction.
  • see attached picture of screens with only perf , but for fine filtration it will be covered with second layer of mesh matetrial. these screens are encloused in strainer body.
  • Perf details, hole opening-0.125 in , center distance between holes is 0.1875 in , open area percentage of Perd is 40%
  • Mesh opening is 0.0055 in, Open area percentage is 36%

please advise any solution  to my application, if needed any  more information please let me know.

Phani

Attachments

Outcomes