14 Replies Latest reply on Apr 5, 2012 1:32 PM by John Ehrhardt

attach a block?

Bonnie Caruthers

Hi,

Can I attach a block to a dimension so it moves with it?  Cannot find answer in help.  Sorry, still new and learning.

thanks again,

B

• Re: attach a block?
          Scott McFadden

Bonnie,

I have wanted this for years but I have never found a way.  I know you can create a GDT command

bar and hover it over a dimension and they both highlight and lock together, but the same results don't happen

with blocks.

Sorry!!

Bonnie Caruthers

Hi Scott,

seems like a basic need to me.  I am a Pro/E user, which has plenty of its own quirks, and have only been using SW for a matter of days. Having  to catch up a block to a dim all the time can make for some mistakes in printing, besides the obvious frustrations in drawings.  I see in HELP it can be attached to a view but it does not say how.  That would be somewhat helpful

thanks

John Ehrhardt

My VAR confirmed that dimensions do not have anchor points for attaching sketched blocks.

Attaching sketched symbols to dimensions is done in Inventor (available years ago).  A symbol then stays with the dimension.

VAR says to write a ER.  ER's from users will have good visibility.