AnsweredAssumed Answered

Tool box and bill of materials coordination

Question asked by Patrick Harper on Aug 17, 2010
Latest reply on Oct 4, 2010 by Patrick Harper

The properties for Part Number and Description in the toolbox parts is not what goes into the columns in the standard bill of materials with the same name.

In the bill of materials what goes into the Part Number column is the user defined name assigned in the part configuration.

What goes into the Description is the custom configuration assigned Description.

Why is this? Is there a way to get the Part Number and Description in the toolbox parts to go into the bill of materials? I guess I'm asking how to create a custom bill of materials with these items in it?

Also, I used to be able to double click on a Part Number or Description in a bill of materials on a drawing and edit the part parameters. A pop up used to come up that said that the cell was linked to the part and offered a "keep the link" or "break the link" options. When I kept the link the part would be modified and the next time I use that hardware the new Par Number or Description will show. Now, in 2009, the pop up only says "break the link" and "no". This is a major hassle along with the fact that the toolbox hardware no longer has the information we had in it before even though we didn't change it when we did the update to 2009.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Outcomes