6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 31, 2007 2:41 AM by SolidWorks Corp

Sp2.0, spline comb still not fix!?!?!

Paul here in the UK we have an idiom "many a true word is said in jest"
      Nigel
        • Sp2.0, spline comb still not fix!?!?!
          Why, why can't the developer get his/her stuff together?!?!?

Eric Lagman
              I tried to warn them against this in the 2007 beta, but it was never addressed. When doing a 3d sketch with a spline it is totally disorienting to figure out how your curve bends and twists without the top of that comb. Its like we get a few features to help us make nice curvy and organic surfaces, but then some things get taken away that already worked fine. I was just fighting with a 3d spline the other day for a good 20 minutes where I would have had it done in a 1/4 of the time or less if that top line of the comb was still there.
                SolidWorks Corp
                SP3 EV will be available before the end of this week (Release first part of Feb). With it we have put an option in system options to turn on the outer spline for curvature display. See Attached.

Regards

Mark Biasotti
                SolidWorks
                probably to ensure job security and to keep you paying your subscription every year
                  I joke about this but some of it I believe is true, however indirect or intentional?
                  Personally, I think it's a stubborn issue with the developer.
                  But, it could be a mental block with providing a solution to meet the the requirement? That is, the interpretation of what is expected is not being communicated??
                  There has to be some sort of compromise??
                    Interesting idea, Neil!
                    Yeah, I hope this gets fixed!?!
                    I did not realize how much I have become use to the other comb-curve for referencing how good/bad the curve is!!!

.. (arms crossed, tapping foot on floor, rolling eye's back, picking nose, flicking...).