3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 6, 2010 11:59 AM by Lenny Bucholz

face fillet problem

I'm trying to fillet the gap in the attached file with face fillet but can't get it to work properly. With the preferred curvature continous it doesn't work at all, and without that the fillet doesn't follow the edge of the uppre body, but cut's through to another line.

I've also tried fillet sureface and all else I can think of, but can't get a smooth transition from the lower fillet to the upper plane.

Could somebody help me with this.

Br,

Sampo

• Re: face fillet problem
          Lenny Bucholz

used a loft take a look

Lenny,

Thanks, look good.

I'm having difficulties in replication your loft correctly. Did you make the 3D curves by intersection curve?

Br,

Sampo

Lenny Bucholz

Sampo,

had to split the surfaces to the same size of the small surface, then start a 3d sketch, select the edges and covert entities, do that to both sides.

then start the loft, select the 2 sketches, look at the one I did, in the proporty manager of the loft go to the start and end box and select the tangent to face option for both.

the big thing is what you are making is a very advanced surface model and it has taken me along time to know these tricks, 25 yrs of surface modeling CAM and other CAD packages.

Trial and error and error and trial and fail and works and not works and ....you get my point, every model is different and what works on this one will not work on your next.

it takes time.

good luck

lenny