AnsweredAssumed Answered

SolidWorks 2010 SP4.0 won't start on W7 64Bit

Question asked by 1-SJFY46 on Jul 26, 2010
Latest reply on Jul 26, 2010 by 1-SJFY46

Hi there,

I have Windows 7, 64 bit Version and SolidWorks 2010 x64 Edition SP04.

After installing it, I tried to start the program but it gets caught every time somewhere in the start up. I see this start up window ("SoildWorks Educational Edition 2010") but nothing happens, not even after 20 min. It is no licence problem since when I start it without Internet connection, a message appears after a few seconds that tells me there is a problem with the licence and the start up window disappears. I can also see in the task manager the different steps. It requires a couple of seconds to check the licence, after this is done, the next step within the start up fails.

So in my opinion this has to do something with the W7 security management. I disabled the firewall but no difference. I stumbled upon a hint in the Internet that one has to modify the Data Execution Prevention (DEP). Unfortunately I can't do this because when I want to give SolidWorks the allowance by selecting the SLDWORKS.exe whitin this DEP modification dialog it says that this is not possible for a 64 bit executable file. I have the feeling that this is way to complicated anyway.

Does anyone have an idea?

I installed it successfully on my Laptop which runs on Windows XP.

Greetings,

Peter

Outcomes