We are preparing for the new academic year 2010-2011 and i started last week some testing with the new SolidWorks 2010-2011.
For this test i installed windows 7 professional (without antivirus and firewall) and there i installed the license server. Activation
over the internet was no problem.
After this i installed a SolidWorks client on another windows 7 computer and SolidWorks works Ok.
Because we use several different computer images on our school i installed SolidWorks again on another Win7 PC but here i start
to have problems. While starting up SolidWorks i get the message "Could not obtain a license for SolidWorks Standard" Server node is down or not responding (-96,491,0). On both clients i have installed SolidWorks 2010 Sp3.1. (see attachment)
To be sure it has nothing to do with any hardware problems i installed win7 and SolidWorks on a 3rd pc but still i get the same message.
On the licenseserver i reactivated the license, stopped and restarted the server, reread, but no luck.
The names for the license server and clients are ok.
This morning i realised something that might be important.
On the computer with the working SolidWorks, i previously installed the SolidWorks Student Edition. When i received the Education Edition
i removed the Student Edition and cleaned out the registry.
I don't know if it is important but you never know.
Can anybody help or has anyone got the same problems
Artesis Hogeschool Antwerpen
Dept. Integrated Productdesign