3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 30, 2010 8:13 AM by Adrian Ivanescu

How solidworks handle the transition from a language to another? Custom properties.

Doru Manda

Hi,

First of all i want to apologize for my English and if the post should not be here.

My problem consist in the following:

I have a  customer that works with sheet metal.For each part I have to  put some  properties.All is good until i arrive on sheet metal thickness property ("Thickness@Sheet-Metal1").This  property returns the correct value if the part is created in English  template.But as my client is Italian they work with Italian templates .The properties are compiled with a macro.If i put in the macro only "Thickness@Sheet-Metal1" for the Italian files the compiled value is "Thickness@Sheet-Metal1" so not good.The equivalent in Italian for "Thickness@Sheet-Metal1" is "Spessore@Lamiera1", but i can put in the macro Spessore@Lamiera1 because i will have the same problem if my files are created in English.

In conclusion my question is if it is a way to compile the correct value even if the language is English or Italian.

Thank you.

Doru.