2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 16, 2010 1:07 PM by Devon Sowell

Transition Condition Operators Not Working

Devon Sowell

Hello All-

While building a Workgroup to EPDM Migration Vault, I had a problem with Transition Condition Operators Not Working as I thought they should.

The WG vault revision scheme has two revisions, primary 01-99 and secondary A-Z. I used Transition Condition Operators to sort the files, numeric to prototype and alpha to released.

To sort the alpha revisions I used this Transition Condition Operator  [A-Z], this works as expected.

To sort the numeric revisions I tired to use this  [01-99], this did not work. I wonder why? To sort the numeric revisions, I had to use this  ![A-Z]

Cheers,

Devon Sowell

http://www.pdmsolution.com

• Re: Transition Condition Operators Not Working
          Jim Sculley

Devon Sowell wrote:

Hello All-

While building a Workgroup to EPDM Migration Vault, I had a problem with Transition Condition Operators Not Working as I thought they should.

The WG vault revision scheme has two revisions, primary 01-99 and secondary A-Z. I used Transition Condition Operators to sort the files, numeric to prototype and alpha to released.

To sort the alpha revisions I used this Transition Condition Operator  [A-Z], this works as expected.

To sort the numeric revisions I tired to use this  [01-99], this did not work. I wonder why? To sort the numeric revisions, I had to use this  ![A-Z]

Cheers,

Devon Sowell

http://www.pdmsolution.com

The [ ] grouping symbol matches any single character from the range of characters inside the grouping symbol.  It doesn't understand what you are trying to do.  We have 6 digit part numbers and I had to use this:

[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9]

Jim S.