2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 15, 2010 2:09 PM by Matthew Lorono

Text format in title block

Bill Hopcraft

In my standard title block for a part drawing, there is a "box" where the part's material is specified.  SW picks up this value from the .sldprt file.  My problem is that many of the standard SW material names are so long that they won't fit into the box on one line.  Is there some way that I can get this text to automatically wrap to two lines?

• Re: Text format in title block
          Deepak Gupta

Make the text box in the drawing bit enlarged so that it occupies the largest name. The material name will automatically fit into the box.

• Re: Text format in title block
            Matthew Lorono

Wordwrapping is easy.  Simple click on the annotation note object and drag it to the size you wish.  This will make the note object automatically wordwrap.

On a side note, I don't recommend using the material names in SolidWorks.  They don't really follow any useful naming convention, as far as I can tell.  They are not capitalized (required for drawings to have all letters capitalized unless a unit of measure abbreviation).  And the material names do not include the standard that controls their specifications.

Might I recommend using a property tab instead.  Include a field for material on the drawing and have a list of materials included there which can be selected quickly.

Matt Lorono

SolidWorks Legion

Follow me on Twitter